Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fall is Officially Here (and the BEST Season)

It's been a busy last few weeks. I have sucked as a blogger. I've still kept up on all my workouts. I've been doing them at least 6x a week. I've continued to mix it up by doing different things. A few of this past weeks highlights:
1. Interval/Circuit Workouts. I have taken these from one of my favorite blogs, Peanut Butter Fingers. This girls knows how to put together a GREAT workout! The 10-to-6 Workout especially kicked my ass! If you are in a rut, or just looking for a challenging workout, please try it. The only thing I changed was that I went to 5.
2. 7 mile run. This past Saturday I asked the boy "how much am I running today?". He said "7" without hesitation. I delivered. I didn't time it because it is my longest run since coming back from my broken foot but it was awesome!
3. Trail Running! Last Monday I went to Leesylvania State Park to find a trail to run. I got JUST what I asked for. I found a 2 mile trail that was tough! More hills than I have ever experienced during a trail run. I did it twice (coming out for water before returning for the second one. What a hot, humid day!) and then finished the last two miles on a dirt/gravel path that went along the shore line of the Potomac River. I think I've found a new favorite place to run:-)

On a non-workout related note, Labor Day weekend has passed and (in my mind at least) Fall is officially here. My all-time favorite season!! The weather, the food, the activities, the clothes, the colors. It's just perfect. Here are a few of my favorite things:

PUMPKIN.

I am a pumpkin freak. Everything that has pumpkin in it and is put in front of me, I will try. I was SUPER excited to find this number at the grocery store.


I am a fan of Blue Moons. They are just a fabulous, refreshing beer. When I spotted this, I had high expectations. Blue Moon delivered. Try it now.


Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes. Made my moi. Delicious goodness. Spread a little bit of almond butter, or go for plain old butter and syrup. You won't be disappointed.

TAILGATING

Now I should say "Football" but I can't fake it. I'm not a huge fan of watching a football game on TV. If the boy happens to have one on, then I'll watch it and I won't complain. It's just not something I'd put on if I was home alone. Going to the games though. Totally different story.

The first preseason game was especially fun because this little girl asked if she could come with me. I obliged and boy was I glad that I did. We had a blast!


Warming up while my dad cooked the food. Representing of course.


Hmmm.....junk food:-)


I made my pesto for the first time. Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto. It was awesome. Thrown on some brown rice noodles with fresh peppers. So good. It was eaten with homemade turkey burgers and a fresh cucumber and tomato salad.

Once we were done stuffing our faces,, we headed to our seats.


Thanks to my Dad for the awesome tickets! (He was with us too!)

The day after Labor Day also brought an exciting change for our little family. Somebody started first grade. Holy crap. Where has the time gone??


She looked so beautiful and grown up and she is going to do great!

I absolutely LOVE this age. Seeing her grow and learn and form her own personality, opinions, etc. It's so awesome to watch and be a part of.

I'm sure the busy times will continue but I'm going to try to make sure I post more.

No comments:

Post a Comment