Sunday, August 19, 2012

Spending the Weekend in the Woods.

What a packed weekend, per the usual. I wouldn't have it any other way!

After doing a whole bunch of nothing on Friday night except becoming addicted to Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition, Kaitlyn and I had a lot of things to do Saturday.  I can't think of a better way to start the day than with something pumpkin.


Whole Wheat French Toast topped with Pumpkin Puree, Blueberries and Homemade Granola.

After breakfast we got dressed in our best and headed to church for my niece and nephews baptism.


This is one of her nephews. I cannot believe how much alike they look. So beautiful.

 Afterwards, my dad took Kaitlyn so Becca and I could head out for a run. We went to Burke Lake Park. It is a perfect 4.7 mile loop in the woods, around Burke Lake.. We did 6 awesome exhilarating miles. I think I could have gone forever. Runner's High, achieved.

To refuel I made us the trendy "Green Smoothie".


I felt totally accomplished until Becca told me I had "green monster" on my snaggle tooth while at a birthday party. My boyfriend is ooooone lucky guy.



I swear I'm happy. I have this thing against smiling in pictures.

We spent the rest of the day at the party and rounded the night off with some more Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. So awesome to see people gain control of their lives. Even Kaitlyn is hooked.

Sunday morning I got up early and we headed out to Great Falls Park for some hiking.






Some seriously great views.



Gotta love quality mother-daughter time:-)

Not sure what's up with her facial expression.


There were actually a TON of different trails. They were rocky and hilly enough to get a decent workout in, but still easy enough for Kaitlyn. She is a trooper though and shows many adults up when it comes to hiking.


To bad it ended like this. We got POURED on. We held out for another hour or so but we were so cold (why is it only 68 degrees in August?!) that we finally decided to turn back.

We'll be back to finish up the rest of them though. Only 45 minutes away and a beautiful day trip.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You don't like pumpkin?? That's a shame. lol.

      We rarely do French Toast but it was nice for a little change.

      Delete