Saturday, September 15, 2012

This Girl Knows How to Party

Last night I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. No daughter and no boyfriend.

What's a 25-year old girl to do in such a situation?

First, I missed my optometrist appointment because I couldn't find the office. How does this even happen? I have lived in this tiny little town my ENTIRE life.

Then I did something even cooler and went grocery shopping. Since I was feeling CRAZY I made the 20 minute drive to Trader Joes!


These aren't all the purchases but they are definitely my favorites!

Sunflower Butter = My addiction
Fig Jam = New to me. We'll see.
Hummus = I couldn't decide which flavor then saw this quartet! Effing sold. Amazing.
Lentil Chips = To dip in aforementioned quartet of goodness.
Nuts = This girl loooooves nuts (insert inappropriate giggle. Seriously though, I do. They are a few dollars cheaper per bag at TJs. I got pistachios, almonds, sunflower seeds (my daughter's addiction) and pine nuts)
Green Thai Curry Sauce = No need to explain the goodness there
Wine = Again, a few dollars cheaper per bottle. Can't wait to pop those open!

This one I was really excited to try....


Gluten, wheat and oat free bread. It's made from rice flour. It was MUCH softer than any other wheat free breads so I grabbed it. At $3.50 for 4 rolls, I won't be eating them TOO much.

I don't know if I've mentioned my food sensitives. Wheat, Corn, Soy and Peanuts. Peanuts being the worst. I usually eat them anyways, because the "symptoms" aren't terrible but this pas weekend it got pretty bad. So I'm back to cutting them out....

**I've been meaning to write a post about all those food sensitivities, a holistic practitioner (is that the right term?) that I've been speaking with and why I'm bald (not just my head hair is gone either....)....It's just not as fun as posts like this. I'll get to it soon**

I got home, ate one of those rolls w/tuna and some lentil chips with hummus while watching "Remember the Titans". That's how I roll.

2 comments:

  1. I loooove trader joes, and that fig jam is good! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks! I put some in my oatmeal!

      You're gluten free too, right? What do you use it on?

      Delete