Saturday, January 4, 2014

Great Way to Start the Weekend

Hey Hey! How goes it? 

This morning started off bright and early with my all time favorite breakfast.


Wheat toast with jam (peach this time), runny eggs, and Siracha. Deeeelish....People are constantly telling me I eat the weirdest things......They just don't know what they are missing.

I woke up early on a Saturday because I had three appointments at the gym this morning. Unfortunately, my first client had to cancel last minute, so I decided to make use of my extra hour and get my run done. Today's run was supposed to be a 3 mile "pace run". Since I haven't committed to a pace for my half marathon, I decided I'd just run a bit faster than I usually do and see how it goes.

The temperature was 12 degrees and the trail was not as tidy as usual.


I almost turned around. The snow wasn't terrible to run it, but it got pretty icy where the sun had hit it the day before. I stuck it out though. I was already out in 12 degree weather! Might as well make it purposeful, right? 

So I ran, not expecting to much, but to my surprise....


Not to shabby! I feel like I'm finally getting my stride back! Which makes me very excited, yet very nervous.....One of my biggest goals in 2014 is to really listen to my body and respect it's needs. Take it easy when it tells me to and push it when I have it.


Perfect way to start my weekend.

After a couple of clients at the gym, and a trip to the center of the universe (aka: Costco), I was home and starving! 

**I would have gotten food before this time, but let's be real, who doesn't get a million samples at Costco? The best ones today: lentils, chickpeas, and Skinny Cow Chocolates....So GOOD. I may have tried more than one, just too be sure! (Please tell me you do this, too)**


I had a Morningstar Chipotle Spicy Black Bean Burger topped with Greek Yogurt Guacamole. (Promptly smothered in Siracha after the picture, and eaten with an Apple and PB).

The rest of the day has been spent lounging around with my awesome little family and enjoying quiet times after the hectic holidays. Sometimes a lazy afternoon is just needed. 

8 miles on the agenda tomorrow. Longest run in over a year.....wish me luck:-)

Do you ever go to Costco? Do you ever take more than one sample? 

Do you run in the snow? 

Throw some new breakfast ideas at me!
I bought english muffins today and want to try a french toast bake tomorrow. Breakfast is definitely the best meal of the day!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your run! That yogurt guac sounds amazing! Good luck on running 8; you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! It is REALLY good. I get it from Costco. It's cool because it comes in single servings, that way I don't waste any. Guacamole turns brown so quickly.

      Delete