Monday, September 9, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

To say it's been a while would definitely be an understatement. I had a lot of things going on in my life, and running wasn't happening all that much, so I took a step back.

Most of my time for the past couple of months was dedicated to studying for my Personal Trainer Certification through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). Let me be the first to say that this course was no walk in the park. It was hard, intense, and there is a ton of information to learn. Isn't that the point though? I'm glad that I picked NASM to get my certification through, because fitness is something that I really want to know. Not just cram for a test, do really well, and forget all of the information I've learned.

Since I received my certification I have revamped my own workout plan a lot. I basically started from scratch, which I really feel I needed to do. The first phase ends next Thursday. I have spent the past 5 weeks realllllly focusing on my core, stabilization, and balance. I feel like I've made huge improvements and I'm ready to move on to Phase 2: Strength Endurance. I'm really anxious because I have never put the focus more on weights/core. I've always been a cardio junkie......but it's time for a change!

I've also moved! After 26 years, perfectly happy and in love with Northern Virginia, I decided to make the move (with my daughter of course) to Southern Maryland. What could possibly be my reason for leaving the only place I've ever known and called home? It might just be this country boy that my daughter and I are pretty damn fond of.

Baby girl also started soccer when we moved (plus a new school)! What a commitment that was, for all of us! We have been going to practices a couple of times a week and practicing in the back yard almost every night. What a great way to still get in a bit of cardio since it's recently taken a back seat in the gym.

As you can gather, the break wasn't for negative reasons. Everything is changing and exciting and I wanted to be able to give it my full attention.

3 comments:

  1. So glad that everything is coming together for you! Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Can't wait to hear more about these changes!

    ReplyDelete