Sunday, February 3, 2013

Froyo and Foot Pain.

Yesterday was really an awesome Saturday.

After breakfast I headed out for my run, before I could get distracted with anything. I ran 8 untimed miles on the Indian Head Rail Trail. The trail is really great since there are NO sidewalks in Southern MD but it's terribly boring.
 
I can see the end about 2 miles away from it.
 
 
My run was mediocre. I was feeling a little discomfort in my left foot (again) so I ran the last 3 miles on the grass next to the path.
 
After I got home and showered up my boyfriend, daughter and I all went to run some errands.
 
This being the most important one.

 
I have heard so much about Sweet Frog but I'd never been. It was seriously good frozen yogurt. I got the Cake Batter, Red Velvet (meh..) and Pecan Praline with Heath Bar, white chocolate chips and coconut.

 
My daughter got EVERYTHING. Reminder to self, do not let a 6 year old get her yogurt when it's a self-serving situation. Especially when paying by the pound. Over half of that went to waste....
 
After our sweet treat we went to a few other stores and just took our time and had fun shopping and spending time with each other.

 
Kaitlyn thought this hat was perfect for me.....haha. I don't know why I'm slightly cross-eyed here.
 
 
I did grab myself one of these ball to use on my nagging left foot. While we walking around shopping it was really bothering me.
 
**I also grabbed some KT Tape. Has anybody ever used this?? I'm really interested to see what it does**
 
Unfortunately, the ball didn't fix the problem. In fact, into the night my foot got more and more painful despite icing, rolling and stretching it. I woke up this morning and it's really painful to walk (read limping around the house) and my foot is even a bit swollen....
 
*sigh*
 
I guess it's time to go back to the Orthopedic....

12 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry to hear that your foot has been worsening. I will send some positive foot vibes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's so sweet of you. Especially when I know that you're dealing with foot issues as well!

      Have you tried KT Tape?? I grabbed some yesterday and just put it on a few hours ago and almost all of the pain is gone!! So crazy!!

      Delete
  2. Ive never heard of KT tape...but you have me intrigued. I hope your foot continues to heel. Hate those damn injuries....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it either. It's really pretty cool, you should definitely google it!

      I put it on yesterday and had minimal pain the rest of the day. My foot is definitely a bit achy this morning but nothing like it was yesterday.

      Delete
  3. My husband used KT tape on his knee before. He said he could feel it "helping" in some sense. Hope it helps you too.

    Whenever I go to those FroYo places I am overwhelmed by the choices and end up trying to mix too many flavors / toppings like your daughter. Just doesn't taste very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It seems to help a bit. I'm still going to make a doctor's appointment though. I just hope I don't have to wait a week or two for an opening.

      That's funny. I usually just get plain but I was intrigued by the other flavors. She got a raspberry one that was really good.

      Delete
  4. Froyo cures everything..just eat more of it and you should be feeling better in no time! HA! Awesome job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh crap, I'm sorry about your foot!! :(

    Your daughter is a smart girl..she's got the right idea of what opportunity to take advantage of :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully I can see a doctor today or tomorrow.

      Haha. To bad most of it went to waste!! I can't blame her though. I'm an adult and it's hard for me to not go overboard at places like this.

      Delete
  6. Oh no about your feet! That stinks. I've never heard of KT Tape... Lemme know how it works out! I've been in need of some stretches for my feet, but I also thinks that means it's time to get some new shoes. I wish I had a froyo shop in my kitchen..maybe i can convert the spare bedroom into one. I LOVE froyo but I have to practice moderation because I'd eat everything. All of your flavors sound DELICIOUS! I think my favorite toppings are fresh fruit and wet walnuts, although I do like cheese cake bites and sno-caps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. Never leave your kids in a froyo self-serving situation. The last time I did, my daughter also filled her froyo serving with gummy bears and lots of different chocolates! She enjoyed the trip to the froyo shop though, and that's what matters to me. I'd bring her to Sweet Frog too if they open a branch near our place. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete