Tuesday, December 18, 2012

You Gotta Keep Moving.

Monday = Cross Training.

This Monday, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Nothing sounded fun to do for 60 minutes. So I decided to switch it up.

I started out with 15 minutes on the elliptical. Knowing that I only had 15 minutes to go really made me push myself. I did my usual routine, started at level 5 and turned it up each minute. 3 minutes forward, 2 backwards.

After I was done on the elliptical I walked over to the weights and did 20 leg lifts on the bench. I know that sounds easy, but my core is probably the weakest part of my body. I make sure to go really slow (especially lowering them) and keep my muscles contracted.

After abs, I did 30 speed squats without weights. Those bad boys will really work those glutes;-) Then I moved on to free weights (shoulder lifts with 10 lbs and bicep curls with 15 lbs).

**If you keep moving and take minimal breaks you will keep your heart rate up and work up an awesome sweat**

The next cardio machine I moved to was the bike, then the stair master (where my glutes continued to burn), then the row machine. I did 15 minutes on each and the same set of weights between them. By the time I was walking into the locker room I was beat.

Today I was supposed to run 3 miles. It didn't happen (this seems to be a common theme with me...) but I'm not mad or disappointed even a little bit. My baby girl came down with a nasty virus AND an ear infection. We were up all night and spent the day at her doctor's office and pharmacy. This poor thing has been on antibiotics all winter.....

Once we got some more rest and pumped her full of ibuprofen and augmentin, we got some homework done....

 
She had to make an animal out of boxes. I am the LEAST creative person ever so this was really tough. It's a dalmatian.
 
Then I made some cookies to bring into her class tomorrow. I am going to help the kids make sleds using graham crackers, white frosting and candy. I'm always excited to see her at school!

 
 I used the recipe here, except I used the new White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms. I'm not much of a peppermint fan for my sweets but you could put damn near anything in white chocolate and I am going to love it!
 
Let's hope that they are a hit!

2 comments:

  1. If you think you aren't crafty, you should come by my house sometime ;-) I'm horrible.

    I've done that type of workout at the gym - mix up the activities for 15 minutes and the time goes by so fast and it's a great workout.

    The cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grееtings! Very helρful advice within this artіcle!
    It's the little changes which will make the most important changes. Many thanks for sharing!

    Here is my site ... hcg and weight loss

    ReplyDelete