Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New Items for Me and a FREE Race Entry for YOU!

Some of my favorite blog posts to read are ones that turn me on to new products, so I thought I'd do one of those today. 

1. Almond Milk Yogurt. I'm really excited to try these tomorrow! I was recently told to go off dairy made from cow's milk (by a nutritionist I am seeing for my Alopecia Areata......that'll be reserved for another post though). While it didn't bother me too much, I really do miss the occasional greek yogurt. I've seen these at the store, but they are a bit pricey for me, so until today I haven't tried them. 


2. Food Life Gluten Free Rice Millet Bread. I LOVE RUNNY EGGS AND TOAST. Let me just say that. If I could only have bread with one thing for the rest of my life, I'd toast that shit up and put a runny egg on it (with jam and hot sauce of course). This better be good. 


3. Applegate Organics Organic Turkey Burgers. Just a spur of the moment buy. I'm always looking for quick and easy ways to get some quality protein. 


4. Meyenberg Low Fat Goat's Milk. Goat's milk was reallllly hard to get used to. I think I was being a kid and the thought of it kind of made me nauseated, but it really grew on me. I don't typically go for "low-fat" foods but I thought it might be a little less rich than Whole Goat's Milk, so I'd give it a try.


5. Salted Caramel GU. I almost made innappropriate sounds when I saw this new GU flavor at the check out of the Sports Authority. Let it be known that I would eat just about anything that has salted caramel on it. I am planning on a double digit run this Sunday and can't wait to bring this with me!


6. Under Armour Women's Training Socks. I have been getting some SERIOUS blisters recently. I've never had particularly attractive feet, but they've recently took a change for the worse when I bought new shoes. The new shoes feel great and cost me a pretty penny, so they aren't going anywhere. Enter new socks. Hopefully I'll finish my next long run without a disgusting, blood filled blister sticking out of the side of my foot.

 

and now I have something for you!

I was recently contacted about participating in the Williamsburg Half Marathon. After looking at the website (http://www.runforachievabledream.com/) I couldn't help but sign up! Historic Williamsburg is sure to deliver a beautiful, scenic race, and the money raised benefits a more than worthy cause. 

and I have a FREE race entry for one of my readers. 

To enter: Simply leave a comment and tell me what new item you're trying these days! I will pick a winner on Friday, May 9.



15 comments:

  1. I recently won a giveaway for Energybits..I haven't gotten them yet but I'm excited to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool. Are they like GU? Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I really like Smart Wool running socks - they're my preferred brand of running sock. They are not cheap (~$15 a pair) but they're great and they last a long time so they're worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they thick? I just see wool and think they are going to be super thich. Have you tried Swiftwick? I've heard good things.

      Delete
  3. I bought my vert first pair of Saucony's this past week. I like them, but not as much as my Brooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Saucony, but Brooks are always the best:-)

      Delete
  4. Ipod Shuffle. It gets me through some of the toughest runs I've done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely a music runner! I just want to zone out and listen to some tunes. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I have been dealing with a foot injury. So in my last race I tried out rock tape. It helped with the injury and stayed on pretty well. I would highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of rock tape. Is that like KT Tape? Be careful on that foot of yours.

      Delete
    2. yea it is pretty much the same thing as KT tape. It sticks better and last longer in my opinion. It is kind of hard to find. They have it at most of the bigger running events. You can order it off line as well. I'm about to start running again because it is starting to feel better.

      Delete
  6. Have to try the almond milk yogurt. Looks so yummy AND healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too bad. The texture takes a bit of getting used to.

      Delete