Thursday, April 24, 2014

Leg Day.

Hey, Hey! How goes it? 

I've been meaning to post for weeks now, but things around here have been SO busy. 

Obviously, since we last spoke, I've been running. 

I recently switched my running to the mornings and I have been loving it! There isn't a better way to start the day.


Plus, Pennsylvania Avenue/Capitol Hill is usually packed with runners, so I'm not alone!


Isn't it so beautiful and peaceful before the sun comes up? 

Also on my workout agenda these days? Weights. Usually I am a high rep, low weight circuit kinda girl. For almost two weeks though, I've been putting that personal trainer certification to work and focusing on making some strength gains. 

8-12 reps, 3-5 sets of every move. 

I thought I'd share the leg workout that I put together that's made me hurt SO good. (Seriously, I'm really damn sore for 2-3 days.)

Squats - 85 lbs
Bosu Ball Squats - 20
Lunges - 40 lbs 

Deadlifts - 85 lbs
Jumping Lunges - 12
Plie Squats - 50 lbs

Bulgarian Squats - 30 lbs
Box Jumps 
Step up to balance - 30 lbs

I'm only on 3 sets of each at the moment and that is PLENTY enough for me. Sitting down or climbing stairs ain't feeling so good these days. 

Do you have a good leg workout?

Try mine and give me some feedback?

Are you a morning runner?




2 comments:

  1. I think working out in the morning is the best because you get it out of the way ..I feel like my day can finally be conplete.

    ReplyDelete